X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big spike in scams here on Armslist

I've noticed a huge uptick in scams here on Armslist in the past 3 - 4 months. I l know Armslist is doing what they can to mitigate this, but how can these scumbags be stopped?

Be smart and very discerning when getting involved in any purchase or sale. If the scammers were not making money doing their scams then they wouldn't still be doing it. People see what they want to see rather than what is about to pounce on them. You might think you found a buyer or seller when what you found was con artist that evidently has no problem sleeping at night. I've called scammers on their BS and it didn't even phase them.
    Report on forums like this one about scams and how it almost or did go down. Like a gun the biggest safety is between your ears.

Comment

P.O.S."s are everywhere!! I caught one here in my area. He was one happy camper when the cops arrived!!! Idiot tried to take my gun a run, had friends located in the lot. Didn't make it far.

Comment

And remember if it seems too good to be true it probably is. If buying from out of state use an escrow service, if the seller won't do it, then don't send them your money and hope for the best.

Comment

Fell victim to a scammer in the last week on here due to my own foolish enthusiasm etc. This asshole has the following guns listed in Nevada, Texas, Illinois, and mostly Michigan: Browning BAR White Gold Medallion, Colt AR 15 LE 6920 AR-15 2013 Config NIB +2pmags, Bushmaster XM 15 E25 M4 optic ready carbine, FN Herstal FNAR 308 Light 16" brl NIB, and finally the one he, she, or it burned me on, WWII 1941 Springfield Armory early M1 Garand WW2. This shitbag goes by the name "Mike Doyle". Email address is mikedoyle925@yahoo.com, phone number is 636-566-0342. Mailing address for the likely go between crackhead urban dweller is: Mike Doyle 24791 Parkside St. Harrison Twp Michigan, 48045. I'm a dumbass for letting this happen, as I figured Armslist.com was folks like me, but it isn't so by a fucking long shot. I flagged the hell out of all his posts, how many does it take? Like the private seller option, but they need to do more to weed em out. Please feel free to email or call him incessantly, and post all spammer info you come across. I hope to get my money back, but I know its not likely. I hope this bastard dies.

Comment

Originally posted by 101grunt View Post
            Fell victim to a scammer in the last week on here due to my own foolish enthusiasm etc. This asshole has the following guns listed in Nevada, Texas, Illinois, and mostly Michigan: Browning BAR White Gold Medallion, Colt AR 15 LE 6920 AR-15 2013 Config NIB +2pmags, Bushmaster XM 15 E25 M4 optic ready carbine, FN Herstal FNAR 308 Light 16" brl NIB, and finally the one he, she, or it burned me on, WWII 1941 Springfield Armory early M1 Garand WW2. This shitbag goes by the name "Mike Doyle". Email address is mikedoyle925@yahoo.com, phone number is 636-566-0342. Mailing address for the likely go between crackhead urban dweller is: Mike Doyle 24791 Parkside St. Harrison Twp Michigan, 48045. I'm a dumbass for letting this happen, as I figured Armslist.com was folks like me, but it isn't so by a fucking long shot. I flagged the hell out of all his posts, how many does it take? Like the private seller option, but they need to do more to weed em out. Please feel free to email or call him incessantly, and post all spammer info you come across. I hope to get my money back, but I know its not likely. I hope this bastard dies.

101grunt, I seriously hope you get your money back and they nail his ass to a Fed prison. Thanks for the heads up on this scumbag.

Comment

Working...
            X